10 April 2009

There's Been a Lot Happening...

There’s been a lot going on around here. The Blue Dog has been a busy boy. I got to run in a barn a few weeks ago. It was really fun and it smelled good. I tried to be a good boy. You know the story. I try to be good but sometimes I just get too excited and I can’t help myself. The barking starts. And it doesn’t stop. I keep telling myself to stop barking but somehow the message doesn’t make it to my mouth. Bark. Bark. Bark.

Still, it was a lot of fun. The courses were pretty hard for me but mom tried to make them easier. I still don’t like to do the weaves in public. I know I can rock those poles but I’m just not ready for everyone else to see them. So I bark. I got to do an extra run because my friend Mary decided that she wanted to run me. It was a little scary to be running with someone else. She gave me lots of treats, so that was nice. I tried to be really good for her. I even stopped barking at the weaves. By the end I was really nervous, though, and I went to find mom. I wanted to make sure that she saw how hard I tried. Plus, I wanted to make sure that I didn’t miss my ride home. That would be really scary. She said I was a good boy, so that made me happy.

The Red Dog and The BFF got to run that day, too. I guess they did okay but I was so proud of myself that I didn’t ask too much about their runs. When I was walking back to the car I saw that some nice horse had left me a special treat so I grabbed it before any of the other dogs found it. Talk about a really good day!

You can see me run on youtube - just click on the link on the right. I guess the others are there, too. Whatever.

The run thrus were to prepare for the AKC Nationals. Ol’ you-know-who got to go to North Carolina to run. He just can’t help being a suck-up, can he? The BFF and I stayed home to keep an eye on the house. It was fun hanging out with her but I missed my Cowboy. I could learn to be a good boy if it meant I could take trips with The Cowboy. I guess that The Red Dog was a good dog out there. He said that he only dropped one bar all weekend and that he nailed the hard courses on the first day. He was oh-so-proud of himself. As much as I hate to do anything to inflate his ego even more, I have to hand it to him – at least he gives us aussies a good name.

Last weekend everyone but me got to go and run at a trial. Yup. Even The Boss got do to a run each day. She said that it was lots of fun because she didn’t have to do the weaves or anything with yellow paint. She’s so lucky. The BFF said that she decided she could do the weaves even faster than usual if she stopped after 10. I guess that mom didn’t think that was such a brilliant idea. It was a fun weekend even though I didn’t get to run because I was able to play with The Cowboy all weekend without anyone else getting in the way.

Then, on Monday, I got to do something really exciting. The Red Dog took a night off from class and I got to go in his place. Well, really I ran in The BFF’s place and she ran in his place. Still, it was very different. There were a lot of different dogs and I tried really hard to fit in. They were all much more experienced than I am. The course was pretty hard for me but mom did it in small pieces. The BFF always talks about all of her friends from class so it was fun to finally meet them. They were very nice to me. I even kept the barking down as much as I could and managed to do a whole set of weaves. Pretty good for a blue dog, don’t you think? Sherry (the instructor – I can call her that because I was an actual student) said that I was a good boy. I sure hope that I get to go again sometime.

No comments: