20 August 2009

Summer is flying by...

Wow – it sure has been a long time since I’ve updated everyone on my life. Summer is going by so fast. I’ve been a pretty busy blue dog. I have gotten to go to class a few times while The Red Dog was taking breaks. I don’t know what that was all about. Why would anyone need a break from agility. I heard mom say that he gets sore when he runs too much. Serves him right. He should move over and let the poor blue dog get a turn.

I would like to say that I’m a perfect dog when I go to class but sometimes I just get too excited. You know how that goes. Then the barking starts. Bark. Bark. Bark. I try to do the exercises correctly but it’s just hard when I get all revved up. At least everyone is nice to me. I’m sure the laughing is because they know I’m having so much fun. There are some really tough things to practice at class and I always try my best. I don’t know how all of the other dogs can figure out that stuff. I’ll just keep at it when I get the chance and maybe some day it will all make sense.

Mom says that my start line stays have gotten a lot better. I still don’t think it’s very much fun. Why would anyone want to stay when there’s an obstacle RIGHT THERE? I lost my turn a couple of times when I didn’t wait. That wasn’t very much fun so I am trying very hard to be a good dog. I got to go to a private lesson with The BFF. She took up a lot of the time trying to learn something with the weaves. I really wasn’t paying that much attention. Usually when I’m in my crate I’m busy thinking about all of the fun I could be having with mom and the obstacles so I don’t really pay attention to anyone else. I only got to do a couple of jumps each time at the lesson. It was one of those silly exercises where mom thinks I should learn how to turn. I get the whole turning thing. I just don’t want to do it. It is so much more fun to just run around and take all of the obstacles I can find. Come on – I know you agree with me. I hope I get to go to another private lesson soon. Maybe next time it can be more about me.

I’ve done a lot of weaves for breakfast this summer. Not to brag or anything, but I’m getting much better. Mom has been resurfacing the contacts for us this summer so I have also done the dogwalk for breakfast and the teeter for breakfast. You wouldn’t believe how fast I can be when breakfast is on the line.

The Red Dog and The BFF have been busy going to trials. Not the poor blue dog. Maybe some other year. The annoying red dog keeps coming home with ribbons so I guess he’s doing okay. The BFF says she still can’t decide if she wants to do agility or not at trials. Mom isn’t very happy with her when she doesn’t want to run. I love my little sister but I sure don’t get what’s going on in her head. She actually gets to go to trials and run. All of the time. If I got to go to trials, I would RUN RUN RUN! I keep telling her to run as fast as she can. I hope she decides to listen to me.

I’ve been hanging out a lot with The Cowboy this summer. He really seems to like me. I’ve heard rumors that I might get to sleep in his room when he has a real bed. I hope he hurries up and gets a bed soon because I think that would be fun. We could hang out all night and talk. Mom says that I will have to be a good boy and let him sleep. I guess I could let him sleep as long as I get to be the last one to see him at night and the first to see him in the morning.



No comments: