11 June 2008

The BFF

This is The BFF. Actually, she’s “my” BFF. Her name is Rival, but she is also called “Rivey-dog”, “The Rival”, “Ry”, “Urkel” and “Stop It”. She is officially known as Stargate’s Crosstown Classic. The others all have baseball-themed names. I’m special because my name isn’t part of the theme. Rival is 4 days younger than I am so I try to be a good big brother and set a good example for her. Sometimes those youngsters just don’t pay attention, though. She is the only dog in the house with a tail. She thinks that makes her special but I’m not sure about that. People always tease her about being a border collie. The horror. I wouldn’t want a tail if it made people think I wasn’t an aussie.

The BFF also gets to train agility. She probably even trains more than I do. According to what everyone says I guess she’s doing really well. She told me that she got to run at a trial the other week but I’m not sure about that. She might be lying to me. She gets distracted easily. Mom jokes that she has butterflies in her head. That might be true. If she really gets to run in trials then maybe I’ll get to someday, too. I’ve seen her practice and I have to admit that she looks pretty good. For a baby. With butterflies in her head.

I love my BFF. We run and play and wrestle all the time. I’m a lot bigger than she is but she has this side-swipe move where she can take me out. I try to act stunned when it happens but I always see it coming. She can’t fool me.


No comments: