23 June 2008

Home Alone

It was a very strange weekend around here. I stayed at home with The Boss all weekend and everyone else went away. I’ve stayed with The BFF before and sometimes all of the dogs have stayed, but this is the first time I stayed just with The Boss. Some nice people kept letting us out and feeding us, so that was okay. I got to stay loose in the bedroom and that was a nice change. Mom and dad took The Cowboy with them and I missed him. Life doesn’t feel right when I can’t see my cowboy.

The Boss tried to tell me that mom and dad had left and weren’t coming back but I didn’t believe her. Why would she say something that mean? They wouldn’t leave me forever. I just know it. The Boss said that since we were on our own we should see what was in the closets. She moved the closet doors and started pulling out clothes onto the floor. She really made a huge mess. That didn’t seem right to me so I stayed out of the way. I was so worried that mom and dad would be mad at me when they saw the mess. They were annoyed with The Boss but mom held me in her lap and told me she knew I wasn’t responsible for it.

The BFF said that she and The Red Dog went to a trial again. I thought she was lying before but now I think she’s telling the truth. She even had a ribbon. Great. Now everyone has ribbons except for me. She said it was a lot of fun and she got to visit lots of people while she was running (like the judge and a guy setting bars). I don’t think you’re supposed to do that but she said she wanted to make sure that they all saw her and knew she was pretty. If I was able to run I wouldn’t pay attention to anyone but mom. I would concentrate so hard on being a good blue dog. I guess The Red Dog had a pretty good weekend, too. He had lots of ribbons and The BFF said that he got Dairy Queen twice. Why can’t he just screw up? It makes it very difficult for the rest of us to compete with him. Maybe he’ll really lose his mind someday. He’s a red dog, after all. I keep hearing how red dogs are so crazy. Paws crossed for that day!

The BFF told me that The Cowboy met a bulldog this weekend. The bulldog even gave him kisses. I sure hope The Cowboy still loves me. She also told me that she got to see her brother, Chopper. I guess he’s an agility dog, too, and gets to play at trials. She said he was very handsome and that his mom and dad were very nice. The BFF is so lucky that she gets to see her relatives sometimes.

That’s all that’s new from the world of the Blue Dog. Maybe something exciting will happen soon…

2 comments:

katiemc811 said...

poor blue dog!!!! nay, you can come with us anytime. i am glad you didn't take the clothes out of the closet so you wouldnt get into trouble. :) you are a good boy nayland. we love you

Red Poodle Agility said...

Blue Dog, we cannot wait to see you run at a trial. We know you will be great!!