11 June 2008

The Cowboy

This is The Cowboy. He’s the newest addition to our family. We all adore him. He was so little when he first came home but he’s getting big very fast. Sometimes he sits in the high chair and gets fruit and cereal. We have all staked out a place on the floor around the big chair. Nothing has fallen our way yet but I think it’s just a matter of time. The Boss seems confident that the chair holds the key to our dreams. Who am I to argue with her?

I love The Cowboy. I try to be very gentle with him. I’m convinced that I’ll be his favorite. It just makes sense. Every little blue cowdog needs a cowboy. That will be fun. Plus, we have the same birthday. I’m exactly two years older than The Cowboy. Maybe he’ll let me sleep in his room. I’ll be sure to watch over him and keep him safe. I bet his first words will be “blue dog”. The others will be very jealous of me but everyone will know that The Cowboy and The Blue Dog are best buddies.

No comments: