11 June 2008

The Boss

This is The Boss. It was obvious from the first time I met her that she is in charge of the house. That’s okay with me. I like letting someone else make the decisions and she’s usually very nice about it. She also takes charge of protecting everyone from danger. At least I THINK that’s why she barks a lot. She has pointed out lots of enemies I never knew existed (like motorcycles). She’s very smart. Officially, she is Fairoaks Addison Brix n Ivy MX MXJ, but she is also known as “Addie”, “Addison”, “Addie-girl”, or “Drop it”. Mom and dad usually call her “the princess”. She is semi-retired from agility so she doesn’t play on the obstacles very much. However, she gets to play with the Frisbee when the weather is nice. She is really good at catching it and I’m trying to be just like her. She likes to go lure coursing, too. Sometimes she likes it too much, though, and doesn’t want her turn to end.

The Boss is the oldest dog in the house. She likes to have everyone chase her in the yard. We all start running after her and then she turns really fast and runs back past us. She makes the rest of us look like idiots when she does that. Still, it’s just fun to play chase. Sometimes she is really naughty. She likes to counter-surf and do other things that dogs shouldn’t do. I try to not pay attention to those things because I want to be a good blue dog.

No comments: